This party season don’t just let your sartorial choices make a statement, let your make-up in on the action too! And this season rainbow lids create the perfect contrast to pastel lips. The colour a la mode? The universally flattering pistachio.
Here our beauty and lifestyle director, Stephanie Darling shows you how to create this effect:
1. Use a concealer on under-eye circles and any other discolouration. It also works on lids as a base. Try Even Better Concealer, $40, by Clinique
, 1800 556 948.
2. Again it’s essential to get the base right as the strong colour is bold and can be a little unforgiving it you haven’t done your prep.
3. For complexion perfection try a BB cream to even out skin tone and add a hint of colour, leaving skin looking fresh.
4. Sweep the pistachio shade (try Loose Eye Dust in Jaded Genie, $35, by Napoleon Perdis
, click to buy
) over the lids, right up to the arch of your brows.
5. And for a look that is purely peaches and cream, go for a peach-based blush – that is a great foil for the minty green shadow.
6. Lips take a lower profile and work best in a pastel/apricot sheer shade.
Too easy!Related content:
Beauty how to: tropical make-up
New hairstyles for a new year
How to keep your feet happy