We're declaring 2012 the year of the brow
- where bigger is certainly better.
Thick brows have never been en vogue; they’ve invaded the runways and celebs are rocking defined eyebrows
We've lusted after the likes of Arizona Muse, Megan Fox and Brooke Shields
for their perfectly groomed brows, but now it's time we get a piece of the action ourselves.
But how do we get these show stoppers?
Celebrity eyebrow stylist Tonya Crooks has created an easy 10-step guide to help you get the look too. It’s much easier than you think - you’ll have stunning eyebrows in no time and for a fraction of the price! What are you waiting for? Get this look at home with these key steps:
1. Using an eyebrow brush
, brush the brows up to become familiar with their natural shape
2. Starting at the bottom, inside corner of the eyebrow, create a line with pencil or powder, outlining the desired natural shape
of the brow.
3. Repeat with the top of the brow
, creating two parallel lines until reaching the highest point of the arch.
4. Upon reaching the arch, come down and intersect with the lower line, creating the tail of the eyebrow
5. Fill in the brow
, starting at the front with light handed strokes
, emulating the look of hairs. Brush through several times
thoroughly without letting too much powder or pencil build up on the hairs so it looks natural.
6. After getting the shape set, read the precautions and directions for the Veet High Precision Facial Wax
then heat up the product as stated in the instructions.
7. After heating, apply a very small amount of wax to the flat end of the applicator stick, start at the bottom and apply the wax in a very thin layer from the inside corner up to the arch. Repeat from the arch to the tail of the brow and then on top. Make sure the wax is spread in the direction of hair growth.
8. You can use the pointed end of applicator stick
to separate the wax from the hair if you get too much wax clumped together. Separation causes you not to take too much hair off when you wax.
9. Use wax strips to pull away unwanted hairs
. First smooth the strip onto the wax in the direction of hair growth. To remove the hair hold the skin taut and pull the strip swiftly against the direction of hair
10. Brush brows up again and trim with scissors
, only trimming the tips of the hairs in the shape you have created. Related Content:
Beauty: Ask the editor -Eyebrows
Beauty Trend: Bold BrowsStyle File: Arizona Muse